Ever since pianist Reid Nibley released Quiet Classics, the CD has been a Tantara best seller, turning the home or work environment into a more restful, pleasant, dignified place. A former artist-in-residence at BYU and frequent guest soloist with the Utah Symphony and other major orchestras, Dr. Nibley is a longtime favorite with Mormon audiences and is the composer of the delightfully reserved Mormon hymn "I Know My Father Lives."
Nibley has collected these beautiful, reflective piano themes over the years, and knows instinctively how to play his way into the heart and soul. As you listen to Debussy, Chopin, Brahams, and others, you'll feel this program has been planned and performed just for you. (See also Dr. Nibley's 12 Hymn Preludes, lovely piano excursions built upon Mormon themes.)
You can also get this album on Amazon.com and iTunes or listen on Spotify.
1. The Maid with Flaxen Hair
2. Songs Without Words. op19, no.1
3. Prelude in D-flat Major, op.28, no. 15
4. Adagio from Oboe Concerto
5. Three Preludes, op.28,nos 4,6, & 7
6. Prelude in F-sharp Major, op. 28, no. 13
7. Intermezzo in E-flat Major, op. 117, no. 1
8. Nocturne in C Major, op. 54, no. 4
9. Arietta in E-flat Major, op. 12, no. 1
10. The Lonely Wanderer, op. 43, no 2
11. Moment Musical in A-flat Major, op. 94, no. 6
12. Adagio Contabile from Sonata, op. 13
Ludwig Van Beethoven
13. Consolation in D-flat Major
14. Clair de Lune (Moonlight)
Executive Producer: David M. Randall
Reissue Producer: Ron Simpson
Tantara Records is an enterprise center in the School of Music at Brigham Young University, and part of the College of Fine Arts and Communications.