In commemoration of the 100th year anniversary of conductor Dr. Ralph Woodward’s birth, this new album celebrates the contribution and legacy of this world-renowned conductor and features the BYU A Cappella Choir performing 48 songs that were recorded from 1964–84 as the Woodward took the choir to national and international prominence.
Click "Add to Cart" above to purchase this CD.
DOWNLOAD or STREAM from your favorite digital platform below:
1. Buccinate in neomenia tuba
2. In venisti enim gratiam
Tomás Luis de Victoria
3. Hodie Christus natus est
4. Ein Kindlein klein
5. O nata lux
6. Quattro pezzi sacri: Ave Maria
7. Vespers: Gladsome Radiance
8. Quatre motets pour le temp de Noël: Quem vidistis pastores dicite?
Traditional; arr. Bob Chilcott
10. Gaudete: Joseph Dearest, Joseph Mine
11. Psalm 100
Heinz Werner Zimmermann
12. Masque of Angels: Gloria
13. Nunc dimittis
14. Holy Radiant Light
15. Silent Night
Franz Gruber; arr. Malcolm Sargent
16. A Cappella Theme (D&C 25:12–13) (Begining Portion)
17. Ave verum corpus
18. Laetatus sum
19. Lady, When I Behold
20. Spring Song
21. Court Song
22. Soldier's Song
23. Vespers: Slava
24. Os justi meditabitur
25. To Utah: The Gathering
Robert Cundick; Edward Hart
26. Come, Come, Ye Saints
William Clayton; arr. J. Spencer Cornwall
27. The Peaceable Kingdom: Have Ye Not Known? / Ye Shall Have a Song
1. Sacred Service: Silent Devotion and Response
2. O Lord God
3. Mass: Gloria
5. Mass: Agnus Dei
6. Ubi Caritas
7. And What Is It We Shall Hope For?
8. Behold, This Is the Way
9. Psalm 121
Heinz Werner Zimmermann
10. Psalm 94
11. Psalm 95
12. Psalm 96
Traditional; arr. James Erb
14. Ain’t Got Time to Die
Spiritual; arr. Hal Johnson
15. Come Hither, Child, and Rest
16. The West Wind
Robert Cundick; John Masefield
17. Jerusalem of Gold
Naomi Shemer; arr. Ralph Woodward
18. Hava netzey b’machol
Traditional; arr. Maurice Goldman
19. The Restoration: Prayer
20. Abide with Me; ‘Tis Eventide
Harrison Millard; arr. Crawford Gates
21. A Cappella Theme (D&C 25:12–13) (Entire Piece)
Producer: Ralph B. Woodward (Chip), Sandefur Schmidt
Executive producer: Ben Fales
Recording engineers: Francis Boyer, Roger Hoffman, Jon Holloman, Merrill Jenson, Val Jones, Tracy Jorgenson, Tony Larson
Editing and mastering engineer: ???
Mixing engineer: ???
Graphic designer: ???
Liner notes: ???
Cover art: ???
Tantara Records is part of BYU Music Group, an enterprise center in the School of Music in the College of Fine Arts and Communications at Brigham Young University.
The Heritage Series Endowment was created in the early 1990s with a mission to record and promote composers and artists from Utah and the Mountain West with ties to the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and its culture. Pianist Grant Johannesen, soprano JoAnn Ottley, and composers Leroy Robertson and Robert Cundick are among the many whose recordings have been featured. The Heritage Series Endowment is administered by the Brigham Young University School of Music.
* Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.